Skilled Trial Attorneys
We represent individuals, companies, owners, developers, and associations in all types of litigation in state and federal courts. Our attorneys represent plaintiffs and defendants at the trial and appellate level, and before state and municipal agencies. We handle a wide range of complex disputes and claims.
We understand that litigation is sometimes necessary to resolve a dispute, but we also know that it can be costly and disruptive to you and your business, which is why we provide extensive pre-litigation evaluation and counseling and aggressively pursue discovery and dispositive motions to try to obtain pre-trial judgment and to position your case for a favorable resolution by settlement or trial. We have the skills and experience to take your case to trial and the knowledge and creativity to achieve your goals without the need for trial.
REAL ESTATE LITIGATION
Schofield Law Group represents clients in all types of disputes concerning real estate. Our attorneys have tried real estate disputes in Land Court and Superior Court and have successfully argued such cases before the Massachusetts Appeals Court. Our vast experience in all aspects of real estate law including transactions, condominium law, and zoning and permitting provides us with a unique perspective and gives us a competitive advantage.
We represent clients in boundary disputes, zoning appeals, claims of adverse possession, title disputes, petitions to partition, and claims arising from purchase and sale agreements. Our vast knowledge and experience help clients resolve such disputes, complete the deal, and recover damages.
- Represented clients in Middlesex Superior Court in a complex case between neighbors concerning various conditions imposed pursuant to a subdivision approval and the location and ownership of certain trees. Reached favorable settlement on the first day of trial.
- Currently represent medical condominium unit owner in Land Court concerning the improper and unlawful relocation of a wall between units. Case scheduled for trial in 2021.
- Represented clients in claims for trespass and unlawful cutting of trees and obtained a successful result prior to filing suit.
Schofield Law Group represents individuals, companies, and partnerships in all types of commercial disputes. Our attorneys are seasoned litigators and trial attorneys, which means they understand that cases are frequently won or lost at the earliest stages. The strategy of a case including the choice of claims, development of facts, conduct of discovery, and use of dispositive motions can result in an early victory or lay the groundwork for a successful trial.
We represent plaintiffs and defendants in actions for breach of contract, fraud, and violations of the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act. We also represent clients in cases involving the dissolution of businesses or partnerships including claims for breach of non-compete agreements and fiduciary duties.
We also represent executors, administrators, beneficiaries, trustees, and others in complex probate litigation involving trusts and estates, will contests, and fraudulent administration claims
- Represented national solar company in an action in Bristol Superior Court for breach of contract against mall owner and secured Writ of Attachment that enabled us to recover all amounts due to our client including their legal fees.
- Represented prominent regional bank in action in Suffolk Superior Court against former CFO for breach of contract, embezzlement, and breach of fiduciary duties.
- Represent New York investor in the United States District Court of Massachusetts in action to enforce Promissory Note.
- Represent seller of commercial dry cleaning equipment against claims filed in Middlesex Superior Court for breach of contract and breach of warranty.